Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Happy Election Day Steamboat Today readers.
All our election coverage and information about finding your polling place is available at SteamboatToday.com/election. Share your wait time at polling places Tuesday with other Steamboat Today readers here.
• With Colorado’s nine electoral votes rated as a toss up entering Election Day, the presidential race could hinge on voters here. And here could mean Routt County. Routt County voters head to polls in close Colorado race
• Routt County Emergency Management Director Bob Struble said firefighters still were working Monday morning near Routt County Road 46 to put out some hot spots around the blaze. Firefighters contain wildfire at base of Sleeping Giant
• Under state statute, Wayne Lemley will lose his seat on the School Board unless his fellow board members adopt a motion at its next meeting excusing his recent absences. Steamboat Springs School Board member's absence from meetings could cost him his seat
• Steamboat Springs Middle School Principal Tim Bishop said an adult soccer league has caused too much wear and tear on the school's gymnasium, so the league is no longer welcome at the facility. Local soccer players have put together a petition to protest the decision. Loss of gym use trips up Steamboat's indoor soccer league
• Summit County is facing a transit budget shortfall for 2013 in spite of a countywide transit sales tax of 0.75 percent that raised $7.2 million in 2011. Like Steamboat Springs, Summit County facing transit budget woes