Sunday, May 6, 2012
2012 Rams track and field schedule
- March 24: Soroco track athletes open season in Parker
- March 30: Warrior Wild West Invitational at Grand Junction
- April 7: Routt County schools fare well at Saturday meet
- April 13: at Coal Ridge
- April 14: at Glenwood Springs
- April 20: Soroco track does well in Grand Junction
- April 27: Soroco track scores big in Craig
- April 28: at West Grand
- May 5: Meyer again tops for Soroco track; relays score plenty
- May 10 and 11: Routt County track teams score big in Grand Junction
- May 17 and 19: at state meet in Denver
Steamboat Springs Soroco’s Micaela Meyer notched another dominating day Saturday, placing in four events as the Rams competed at Battle Mountain.
Meyer won the 100 hurdles, was second in the long jump and sixth in pole vault. She then joined Lauryn Bruggink, Jaelyn Whaley and Hayley Johnson, and together, the group scorched the track and won the 400-meter relay.
As usual, the Rams scored plenty of points in the relays. Bruggink, Whaley, Josie Rossi and Jessica Rossi were third in the 1,600-meter relay, and Whaley, Josie Rossi, Jessica Rossi and Leah Walorski were fourth in the 3,200-meter relay.
Junior Nic Paxton also came away with top results. He was second in the triple jump and third in the long jump.
AJ Anderson was fifth in the pole vault, Walorski sixth in the triple jump and Johnson was eighth in the 200-meter run.
“We had a really good day. About 90 percent of our kids got personal bests,” coach David Bruner said. “Right now, we have 13 events we could make it to state with, and we’ll probably get at least 10 there. I’m pretty happy about that. I’m really pleased with where we’re at right now.”
To reach Joel Reichenberger, call 970-871-4253 or email jreichenberger@SteamboatToday.com