Sunday, May 6, 2012
2012 Tigers track and field schedule
- March 17: Routt County track teams get seasons started
- March 25: Hayden track shows well in Grand Junction
- April 7: Routt County schools fare well at Saturday meet
- April 14: at Glenwood Springs
- April 21: Hayden track athletes show well in Rifle
- April 27: Hayden's Haskins dominates field at Craig track meet
- May 5: Aubree Haskins leads way for Hayden track at Battle Mountain
- May 10 and 11: Routt County track teams score big in Grand Junction
- May 17 to 19: at state meet in Denver
Steamboat Springs Aubree Haskins was third in the shotput and fourth in the discus, leading the way for the Hayden High School track and field team Saturday at Battle Mountain.
“She continues to improve in the discus,” coach Richard Bush said, pointing out that the throw was a personal best.
Jorge Valdez had one of his best meets of the season, thanks in large part to a great showing in the high jump. He likely locked up a spot at state with a leap of 6 feet, 1 1/2 inches, placing second.
The Tigers also got a scoring showing from Brentt Gabel, who was eighth in the 800-meter run, and plenty of personal-best performances up and down the roster.
“We had a great day,” Bush said. “We are excited and looking forward to the Western Slope 2A championship meet in Grand Junction next Thursday and Friday that will allow us to compete with other 2A schools in preparation for the state meet down in Denver.”
To reach Joel Reichenberger, call 970-871-4253 or email jreichenberger@SteamboatToday.com