Tuesday, March 27, 2012
2012 Rams track and field schedule
- March 24: Soroco track athletes open season in Parker
- March 30: Warrior Wild West Invitational at Grand Junction
- April 7: Routt County schools fare well at Saturday meet
- April 13: at Coal Ridge
- April 14: at Glenwood Springs
- April 20: Soroco track does well in Grand Junction
- April 27: Soroco track scores big in Craig
- April 28: at West Grand
- May 5: Meyer again tops for Soroco track; relays score plenty
- May 10 and 11: Routt County track teams score big in Grand Junction
- May 17 and 19: at state meet in Denver
Steamboat Springs The Soroco Rams headed to Parker for the opening track and field meet of the season Saturday.
“It was our first meet of the season, so there were a lot of ups and downs,” Rams track coach David Bruner said. “There were 22 schools at the meet, and most of them were 4A or 5A schools. We were the only 2A school at the meet.”
Bruner said the meet was highlighted by strong showings from Nic Paxton, who didn’t place but recorded a personal-best effort of 40-6 in the triple jump. Micaela Meyer led the Soroco girls with fifth-place finishes in the 100- and 300-meter hurdles at the meet.
“I feel like our team had a pretty good showing for the first meet of the season.” Bruner said.
The coach will be hoping for more top showings and improved results when the team heads to Grand Junction on Friday for the Warrior Wild West meet. Events will begin at noon.
To reach John F. Russell, call 970-871-4209 or email jrussell@SteamboatToday.com