Saturday, January 26, 2002
Place of Birth: Chicago
1. When did you move to Routt County and what brought you here?
I moved here in 1980 to ski.
2. What are the best and least favorite things about living in Routt County?
The best thing about living in Routt County is the many close friendships that are made.
The least favorite thing about living in Routt County is the arguments over the need for tourism for a healthy economy. Tourism is, has been, and most likely always will be what drives our economy in Routt County in my opinion.
3. If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be and why?
I would invite either of my grandfathers because they passed away before I was born and I never knew them; Albert Brooks because he's one of the funniest comedic minds alive; Jack Welsh, former chief executive officer of General Electric, because he's one of the brightest business minds around; Ernie Banks because he is Mr. Cub.
4. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you meet him/her?
The most famous person I've met is the King of Sweden. I met him on an aircraft carrier off the coast of Spain. I've also met Bob Dylan while promoting some of his concerts.
5. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
My first wish would be that my family and friends are healthy and live long and happy lives.
I wish that senseless acts of terrorism will stop.
And I hope I can ski and play hockey into my 90s.
6. If you could travel to any place where would you go and why?
I would travel to New Zealand and Australia because of their beauty.
7. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding part of my job is watching people having a great time at the shows we promote.
Book: Gerry Spence, "How to Argue and Win Every Time"
Song: "Take the Time" Freddy Jones
Food: Kit Kats, Lox and bagels, anything Italian
Sport to watch: Hockey
Vacation spot: Western British Columbia
Recreational Activity: Skiing, hockey
Pet: My 11-pound French lop rabbit "Honey Bunny"
Movie: "Godfather" parts 1 and 2
TV Show: "Project Green Light"
Do you know someone interesting who you would like to see profiled? Call Kelly Silva at
871-4204 or email her at