Saturday, January 5, 2002
Nancy Barr Robertson Kramer
Occupation: Executive Director, Steamboat Springs Arts Council
Place of birth: Corvallis, Ore.
1. When did you move to Routt County and what brought you here? I visited Steamboat Springs on the recommendation of some friends in June of 1975 and moved permanently in August of 1975 because I wanted to live in the mountains and there was a job available for an orthopedic nurse.
2. What are the best and least favorite things about living in Routt County? The best things have been the growth in professional, personal experiences and community involvement opportunities I have had. I don't think of leasts it is all adaptable.
3. If you could invite any four people to dinner, who would they be and why? My dad and some of his buddies from the 10th Mountain Infantry to reminisce about friendship, mountain climbing and philosophies of life through song, poetry and storytelling.
4. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you meet him/her? Bobby Kennedy I met him when I was working at a Head Start program as part of my pediatric training in nursing school.
5. If you had three wishes, what would they be? Happy and healthy lives for my family, tolerance and peace among the many cultures of the world, and continued cooperation of all sectors of our community to make our community a diverse, healthy and economically sound place to live, create and thrive.
6. If you could travel to any place where would you go and why? I have always wanted to travel to Nepal, Budokan and/or Tibet to experience the cultures and mountains.
7. What is the most rewarding part of your job? To experience and encourage the creative side of people especially those who did not think they had one!
Book: "The Giving Tree," by Shel Silverstein
Song: Depends on the mood. "Imagine," "Fire and Rain," "Tears in Heaven," "Nessum dorma."
Food: Is there a bad food? beef tenderloin, wild mushrooms, chocolate whatever fits the time and place
Sport to watch: Football and the local skiing events from Jumping to big air to races the neighbor kids are in.
Vacation spot: To date Lake Ohara in Canada Oregon coast for regular visits
Recreational activity: Cross-country skiing, hut trips and hiking in the Rockies
Pet: Willow, my cat
Movie: "The Deer Hunter"
Magazine: "Geographic Traveler"
TV show: "CSI" and "The West Wing" are on equal ground right now.
Do you know someone interesting who you would like to see profiled? Call Kelly Silva at 8714204 or email her at